Who We Are:
Saks is a world-renowned luxury ecommerce destination. The company’s unique approach combines a focus on the digital customer experience with a strong connection to a network of extraordinary stores that extends that seamless experience into the real world.
On its website and app, Saks offers an unparalleled selection of curated merchandise across fashion for women and men, beauty, jewelry, home décor and more. In addition to the shopping experience, customers come to Saks for inspiring editorial content, access to digital stylists, lifestyle experiences and other world-class services.
The Summer Internship is an 9-week paid program offering a unique opportunity to high-potential college Juniors (or rising Seniors), who are interested in a career with a fast-paced, dynamic, luxury digital retail organization. The program builds cross-functional expertise and allows for the opportunity to develop functional, technical and leadership competencies.
In addition to learning the key components of our teams at Saks you will have the opportunity to meet with Senior Leadership from our Finance, People, Marketing, Merchant, Technology, and Executive teams. To maximize your learning, the program is designed to provide you with experiences both on the job with your supervisor and in a classroom setting. The curriculum provides both soft and hard skill learning such as social competencies used to perform interpersonal activities as well as job specific abilities and knowledge. Training sessions include time management, presentation skills, interview best practices, cultural agility plus excel, and functional specific systems training.
At Saks, there are numerous intern opportunities across the organization. No matter where your interests lie, we have an internship for you! Below is a list of the functions at Saks where we have internship opportunities. Within each, there are multiple positions available across the various departments and teams. When speaking with one of our recruiters, be sure to express which area(s) you are interested in to learn more about what is available!
- Merchandising (Buying/Planning)
- Digital Operations/Photo Studio
- Technology, Engineering & Customer Experience
- Finance & Accounting
- Dynamic Juniors working towards a BA/BS with a GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Must be available for a Summer internship from June 2023 until August 2023
- Must be comfortable working virtually/remotely
- Proven leadership ability through participation in organizations and clubs
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to promote teamwork and collaboration
- Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and, if hired, present proof of vaccination prior to beginning employment.
Who You Are:
- An adaptable, entrepreneurial, goal-oriented individual with an eagerness to learn
- A self-motivated and proactive individual who thrives in a fast-paced environment
- A perceptive individual with strong written and verbal communication skills
- A natural problem-solver who is also intuitively analytical and creative, and is able to generate a variety of new and novel ideas to resolving issues
- An innovative, out-of-the box thinker who shines in brainstorming sessions, is willing to take risks, and continuously looks for opportunities to improve the way things are done
- A strong collaborator who accomplishes tasks by partnering with team members and flexing your interpersonal skills while also being able to work independently at times
- An organized, detail-oriented, multi-tasker who has the ability to prioritize multiple projects/tasks and meet tight deadlines
Your Life and Career at Saks:
- Be a part of an entrepreneurial team hyper focused on massive growth
- Convenient and collaborative modern offices in Lower Manhattan with onsite perks
- Paid Community Time Off during the month of July
- An amazing employee discount
Thank you for your interest with Saks. We look forward to reviewing your application.
Saks provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Saks complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Saks welcomes all applicants for this position. Should you be individually selected to participate in an assessment or selection process, accommodations are available upon request in relation to the materials or processes to be used.
Saks.com is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
*The above expected salary range may have some variability based upon factors including, but not limited to, a candidate’s overall experience, qualifications, and geographic location. If you are interested in the role, we encourage you to apply and, if selected to move forward in the interview process, you will have a chance to speak with our recruitment team regarding your specific salary expectations.