About The University of British Colombia
UBC Scholars Award Canada 2023-2024 is a highly sought-after opportunity for highly talented international students to travel to Canada to pursue their studies on a subsidized basis. The aim of this award for students in Canada is to draw top-quality international students and give them an opportunity to develop strong relationships and a sense of communities. The UBC international student’s prize is highly professional-oriented as well being a community service-oriented award. It is expected of the students who are awarded these awards that the final work will benefit their communities, too.
It is the University of British Colombia scholarship 2023-2024 is part of the UBC Public Scholar Initiative (PSI) and is designed to aid the student’s studies in Canada without having to pay the tuition cost. The PSI internationally-based scholarship is an opportunity to turn the desire to study in Canada without cost into a real possibility. Every year, students aged 30 to 35 get the opportunity to study at the top institution in the world. It is not feasible without British Colombia University Scholars Award Initiative.
The University of British Colombia is located in the historic location of Vancouver. Vancouver is famous for its exceptional importance during the winter months. You can take pleasure in the snow-covered city and sun-drenched beaches. There are many reasons behind its attraction, from the environmental conditions to the lifestyle and food. The students who get the UBC public scholars ‘ scholarship will be among the most fortunate because in addition to their studies and research, they will be able to enjoy a lifetime experience of multicultural diversity collaboration, co-existence, and cooperation. This is due to its attractiveness city that it is home to an extensive international culture and the opportunity to learn in such a setting is a pleasure forever. As the primary goal of the Canada scholarships is to offer a venue to network, the school is home to a prestigious group of students known as the graduate student ambassadors. This group collaborates with students to help students become familiar with their courses and the campus via various physical and virtual sessions. Furthermore, the international scholars join the ranks of UBC alumni and are able to network with fellow alumni. UBC because of its high academic and student-friendly environment is home to a large amount of pupils i.e. 10,000 students in total, from which, 2500 international students. Therefore, the subsidized UBC initiative offers a chance not to miss at all costs.
University :University of British Columbia
Regions that are eligible:Canadian, Permanent Resident, International
Application Deadline : The deadline when you can apply is May , 2023.
UBC Scholars Award Canada 2023-2024 Benefits:
- The recipients of these prizes will be awarded a total of $10,000 in each academic year.
- The grant may be used to pay for travel expenses professional development, or for research-related work.
- If the student’s present funding source isn’t able to cover the cost The grant could be used as an allowance.
UBC Scholars Award Canada 2023-2024 Eligibility Criteria:
- UBC Vancouver doctoral students (PhD, EdD, and DMA) in years 1-5; UBC Okanagan doctoral students in the years 1-5.
- The applicant must have completed not greater than 48 consecutive months of PhD research at the time of 31 August 2022.
- Candidates must be enrolled in the UBC doctoral program by 1 September 2022.
- Students in their sixth years (48 or 60 month doctoral research) are only accepted in the most extraordinary circumstances.
Application Procedure for the UBC Scholars Award Canada 2023-2024:
- The applicants must submit their applications online.
- Candidates must download the fellowship application form before filling it out and then upload it to.
- The application form will be accessible via the PSI website when you click” Apply Now.
- The candidates have to complete the CCV from the Canadian Common CV Web site (https://ccv-cvc.ca/indexresearcher-eng.frm) as part of their PSI Fellowship application and have to upload it.
- Candidates are required to use an Academic CV template that follows the Vanier-Banting format of the CCV.
- Two letters of recommendation must be sent by the supervisors of the applicant through the link at the Application main page on which applicants can download documents under ‘Application Procedures’.
- The recommendation letters should include at least the signatures of the reference. The signature could be electronic or digital.
UBC Scholarship Future Goals:
- Enhance postdoc and graduate student financing and living costs.
- Restructure central policies and procedures for funding to maximize the process for recruiting purposes.
- Increase and facilitate recruitment efforts across the university
- Increase Indigenous student enrolment
- Create opportunities for learning and research across units and disciplines
- Enhance coordination, opportunities, and assistance for graduate students as well as postdoctoral development
- Facilitate the development of active student communities.
- Implement postdoctoral and graduate student wellness strategies
- Improve support of Indigenous students
- Improve the quality of supervision for graduate students.
- Create a sense of the sense of community among leaders of graduate programs and consider expanding models of support
- Make it a priority to ensure that graduate programs are thoroughly reviewed and the results are followed-up
- Be sure that the administration processes are efficient and efficient
- Support and expand The Public Scholars Initiative (PSI) and its related work with the aim of redesigning graduate education to meet the needs of the 21st century.
- Enhance understanding and possibilities to mobilize knowledge and contextual-based research for the common good
- Collaboration and coordination between the two campuses.