The University of Bonn situated in Germany will soon be announcing its prestigious Argelander Scholarships for 2024 intake for doctoral candidates from universities in Africa, Latin America, and Asia. This German PhD scholarship program underscores the university’s commitment to fostering scientific exchange and international cooperation, particularly with regions traditionally underrepresented in global scientific discourse.
PhD Scholarship Program Details:
The Argelander Scholarships 2024 are part of the university’s strategy to enhance collaborative research between Bonn scientists and their international counterparts in the specified regions. This initiative particularly focuses on nurturing early-career researchers.
Argelander Scholarships Benefits:
- A travel allowance based on the country of origin.
- A monthly scholarship of €1,500.
- Additional funds for accompanying family members (up to €300 for a spouse and €250 per child).
- A monthly research expense allowance of up to €300, claimable after the award.
- Targeted at international doctoral candidates enrolled at universities or research institutes in Africa, Latin America, or Asia.
- Candidates already pursuing a Ph.D. at the University of Bonn are ineligible.
- The scholarship aims to ensure recipients complete their doctorates at their home universities to prevent brain drain.
- Applications must be submitted by a full-time professor at the University of Bonn.
- Each professor can submit up to two applications.
- Required documents include an online form, a detailed project description (8-page max.), a CV, a motivational letter from the candidate, and a financial plan.
Project Description Guidelines:
The proposal should be understandable to a multidisciplinary audience. It must include reasons for inviting the candidate, the project’s integration and supervision plan at the host institute, and an outline of the research work during the stay in Bonn.
Argelander Scholarships Application Deadline:
The deadline for 2024 application submission for Argelander Scholarships at University of Bonn is yet to be announced and all international candidates are advised to start preparing their documents in anticipation.