All right Ladies and gentlemen. Here is a Shoutout for Summer School in Turkey in 2023. The applications are open to apply for the ILEM International Summer School 8 in Turkey in 2023. The 8th Edition of the Summer School is Fully Funded and all the expenses of the applicants will be covered. The Summer Program is organized in partnership with ICYF, YTB, FSMV University, ILM, IRCICA, and Oranje Institut. Are you Ready for the Next Level?
The ILEM International Summer School will take place from July 24th to July 30th, 2023, in Istanbul, Turkiye. ILEM International Summer School aims to bring together academics, researchers, and artists from diverse backgrounds to serve as a forum for discussing major issues concerning the Islamic world. The Program is open to all students from around the world with any nationality. NO IELTS, No Application Fee required.
Details About ILEM Summer School in Turkey 2023
Table of Contents
- Details About ILEM Summer School in Turkey 2023
- Financial Benefits
- The theme of the Event
- Summer School Topics
- Eligibility Criteria
- How to Apply
- Host Country: Turkey
- Program Location: Istanbul, Turkiye
- Dates: July 24th to July 30th, 2023
- Financial Benefits: Fully Funded
- Deadline: 1st May 2023
Is there any Fee to Participate in ILEM International Summer School?
- The answer is a BIG NO…
- IISS-8 is a free-of-charge event.
- Transportation (from accommodation location to ILEM)
- Social-cultural program expenses will be covered by IISS 8
- Travel Tickets to/from Istanbul will be Covered and mostly intended to provide funding for travel as well.
The theme of the Event
The broader theme of the 8th edition of the summer school will be Rethinking Art and Aesthetics in the Islamic World: Concepts, Theories, and Practices.
Summer School Topics
- Theoretical Framework of Islamic Aesthetics
- Quranic Roots of Islamic Arts
- Mystical Interpretation of Islamic Arts: Sufi Thought or Perennial Philosophy
- Sacred Geometry and Symbolism in Islamic Art
- Beauty, Truth, and Goodness: Perception of Value in Islamic Aesthetics
- Critical Rethinking of Islamic Art Concepts: “Ilm al-Jamâl” and “Ihsan”
- Islamic Sense of Aesthetics
- Islamic Aesthetics from the Western Perspectives
- Methodology Problem in Islamic Arts
- Role of Art in Knowledge Transmission
- Islamic Aesthetics as an Alternative Way to Knowledge
- The Problem of Meaning in Islamic Arts: Muslim Interpretations of Orientalist Discourses
- The “Islamization” of Art in the Postcolonial World
- Islamic Arts in the Digital Age
- Innovation and Conservatism: Rethinking the Concepts of Tradition and Traditional Art
- The Importance of Art in Daily Life
- Islamic Art and Social Memory
- Aesthetic Dimensions of Acculturation and Culture Production
- Sense of Beauty and Pleasure in the Consumer Society
- Visual Culture and Environment Awareness
- Islamic Arts and Cultural Nationalism
- Islamic Aesthetics in the Context of the Clash of Civilization
- The Art Factor in Cultural Diplomacy
- Art as a Political Legitimacy Instrument
- Cinema: Aesthetic Propaganda on the Global Scene
- The ILEM Summer School is open to all applicants from around the world.
- No restriction on Nationality
- Applicants must be above 18 years.
- IELTS is not required for this program.
- Junior Scholars, Ph.D. Applicants and related fields can apply.
The last date to apply for the 8th Edition of the ILEM Summer School in Turkey in 2023 is 1st May 2023
How to Apply
All applicants have to apply online and complete all the steps of the application. The Link to the official website of the ILEM Summer School 2023 is given below.