The application for this program will be closed on 16 February 2023.
The Arabic for Non-Native Speakers Center – Languages, Communication, and Translation Cluster, College of Arts and Sciences at Qatar University is offering scholarship opportunities for students from outside Qatar. The Arabic for Non-Native Speakers (ANNS) one-year course program is open for the fall term in the academic year 2023.
Who is eligible to apply for this scholarship?
- Students with at least a high school diploma qualification
- Applicants that are between 18 to 40 years old
- Students that have not received the Arabic for Non-Native Speakers (ANNS) scholarship previously
- Applicants that are able to communicate using English or Arabic for the administration of the university and the university community
What degrees are offered in this scholarship?
This scholarship is provided for various Arabic language non-degree study courses starting from the beginner level up to the advanced. This program is divided into six language levels that will be commenced at Qatar University.
What are the scholarship benefits?
- Tuition fees
- Accommodation at the university dorms (including 3 meals a day) and other supporting facilities included in the dorm
- Textbook fees
- Round-trip airplane tickets
- Student visa and residence permit fees
How long is the duration of the scholarship?
The scholarship will be given to the chosen applicants for one academic year which include two terms in the fall and spring. Chosen scholarship awardees must follow the scholarship requirements during the period of the study to receive the full scholarship benefits.
How to apply?
- Visit the Qatar University official webpage and click on the ANNS Center program information page
- Read all of the provided information and make sure that you are eligible for the scholarship
- Start the application process by clicking on the online application system link
- Prepare the scanned version of all of the required documents in form of PDF
- Create a new application account if this is your first time applying for the program
- Log in using your application account username and password
- Upload the required application documents based on the terms and conditions
- Submit the scholarship application and make the admission application fee payment before the closing date of the application
What documents need to be prepared to apply for this scholarship?
- Copy of the latest education completion certificate or final transcript that fulfills the requirements given
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Copy of passport pages that include the applicant’s photo, applicant’s information, and expiry information
- Recommendation letter that is written by a well-known person or organization maximum one month before the application
- Passport-sized personal photo
How does the process of selection go?
- Applicants that are considered university graduates and applicants with at least basic knowledge of the Arabic language (the alphabet and the basics of reading and writing) will be preferred during the selection process
- The admission decisions will be announced through the applicants’ web application on 8 May 2023
- Selected applicants will arrive in Qatar around two weeks before the start of the semester