The University of Gloucestershire is looking for researchers to join the PhD Studentships in Technical and Applied Computing in the UK. University of Gloucestershire International Scholarship is open for the academic year 2022-2023.
The successful PhD researcher candidate will offer the opportunity to deliver a range of modules at the undergraduate and postgraduate levels. Applicants must also have a demonstrable high level of technical skills and excellence in the use of Windows and Linux-based operating systems and other relevant tools.
The University of Gloucestershire is a public university based in Gloucestershire, England. The university’s mission is focused on learning. It offers 100 undergraduate courses, and around 57 taught post-graduate courses within eight schools. Research at the university has been rated as World-Leading in five of its research areas. The university invests 12% of academic staff costs in research and scholarly activity.
The University of Gloucestershire will cover the Home or International tuition fees for selected candidates in the UK.
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities are eligible for the University of Gloucestershire International Scholarship.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: PhD degree in Technical and applied computing, Digital forensic architecture, Industry 4.0 security, Cyber-physical system, Trust management for in Heath-Tech, SDN and NFV based secure cloud environment, Virtualized cybersecurity for cloud computing, Blockchain and distributed ledger technology or other related areas approved by a supervisor.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- Applicants must be a Home, EU or International.
- Aspirants should have excellent programming skills (e.g. Matlab, Java, Python) and good working knowledge of mathematics.
- How to Apply: Students need to log in to the university’s Job portal to carry out the application process. Qualified applicants are strongly encouraged to informally contact, Dr Ali Al-Sherbaz. Formal applications should be submitted through our Technical and Applied Computing PhD. You should make it clear in your application that you are applying for this studentship.
- Supporting Documents: In your application, please include:
- Cover letter (max 1 page) explaining your interest and suitability for the selected project.
- Detailed CV.
- Published work such as journals and conference articles
- Copy of your MSc Transcript and dissertation (if appropriate).
- A copy of your current or most recent academic transcript.
- Names and contact information of at least two referees.
- Admission Requirements: Applicants should have an Honours Degree at 2.1 or above (or equivalent) in Computer Science or related disciplines.
- Language Requirement: If English is not your first language, you must provide evidence of your competence in written and spoken English.