Applicants are invited to apply for International PhD Philosophy Scholarships sponsored by the University of Aberdeen. The university is accepting applications for the academic session 2022/2023.
The University of Aberdeen International Scholarship assists highly motivated students who want to commence PhD degree programme at the university. This competitive scholarship is open to applicants from around the globe, providing a full tuition fee waiver and a maintenance stipend of £6,000 per year.
Established in 1495, the University of Aberdeen is one of Scotland’s oldest universities, with undergraduate and postgraduate programmes in a wide range of areas. It has constantly been recognised among the world’s top 200 institutions.
The University of Aberdeen will provide a full tuition fee waiver and a maintenance stipend of £6,000 per year for the successful candidates.
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities are eligible for this University of Aberdeen International Scholarship.
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: PhD project in the field of Philosophy
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- Applicants must hold, or expect to hold prior to commencement of studies, an undergraduate degree at UK first-class or 2:1 honours level, or the international equivalent, in philosophy, which includes courses in epistemology.
- Applicants must be of outstanding academic merit and potential for independent research, as evidenced by the candidate’s academic record, prior qualifications, proposal and references.
- How to Apply: If you want to be enlisted in this educational program, then you are recommended to take admission in the PhD degree at the University of Aberdeen. After that, they can apply for this scholarship.
- Supporting Documents: You must include a detailed research proposal (1000-1500 words) which sets out how you will engage with the advertised PhD project, degree transcripts and certificates and be supported by two academic references.
- Admission Requirements: For taking admission, applicants must check the entry requirements of the program.
- Language Requirement: Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language requirements to be able to study at the university.