To encourage women to undertake a career across Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematical disciplines, the Swinburne University of Technology has brought up the Goldsmith Family Women in STEM Scholarships for the academic year 2022-2023.
This Swinburne University of Technology International Scholarship will be awarded only to female students that undertake bachelor’s degree programmes across a STEM discipline at Swinburne. All international and home country, as well as New Zealand students, are eligible to apply. The scholarship is valued at a whopping $7,500 per year for up to five years of undergraduate study.
The Swinburne University of Technology is a public research university based in Melbourne, Australia. The university was founded in 1905 by George Swinburne as the Eastern Suburbs Technical College to serve those without access to further education in Melbourne’s eastern suburbs.
The winning applicants will be provided up to $7,500 per year, for up to five years of bachelor’s study undertaken by them at Swinburne University of Technology.
- Eligible Countries: All international, Australian and New Zealand citizens are eligible to apply for this Swinburne University of Technology International Scholarship.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Students can apply for the Bachelor of Engineering (Honours), Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) (Professional), Bachelor of Science, Bachelor of Science (Honours), Bachelor of Science (Professional), Bachelor of Computer Science, Bachelor of Computer Science (Honours), Bachelor of Computer Science (Professional), Bachelor of Information and Communication Technology, or the Bachelor of Information and Communication Technology (Professional) offered at the Swinburne University of Technology.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must be female students.
- The applicants must be Australian or New Zealand citizens or Australian Permanent Residents or International students.
- The applicants must be a commencing Swinburne student in Semester 1 or Semester 2, 2022.
- The applicants must be enrolled full-time in eligible courses.
- The applicants must be studying on-campus.
- The applicants must have achieved a minimum ATAR of 90.00 and provide an ATAR certificate as evidence.
- How to Apply: The applicants must first complete their admission applications via the online portal of the university. Scholarship application form must be submitted separately.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- Personal statement outline the following:
- your long-term goals and/or career aspirations
- how this scholarship would make a difference in your life
- demonstrated leadership qualities and/or extra-curricular service to the community
- Two written references, one academic and one character
- Admission Requirements: The applicants are required to meet the requirements of the bachelor’s degree they wish to join at Swinburne.
- Language Requirement: The students must submit scores of the following English language proficiency tests:
- IELTS – 6.0
- PTE – 60
- TOEFL IBT – 64
- C1 Advanced – 169
- Common European Framework – B2
- Linguaskill – General^ – 160 to 179
- Duolingo – 96 to 100