In partnership with Ros Moger and Terry Furlong group, the Canon Collins Trust is inviting students to apply for the Canon Collins RMTF Scholarships for postgraduate study in South Africa for the academic year 2022-2023.
This Canon Collins Trust International Scholarship will support both full and part-time students who apply for a postgraduate degree programme at any South African University. Students from eligible countries will be considered. Funding for up to a maximum of two years for Masters and three years for PhD will be provided to the winners.
Canon Collins Trust is an organization building a community of leaders, thinkers, activists, and social justice organizations. Through it, higher education and research funding, project grants and international events programme, Canon Collins’ unique approach cultivates a space where activism and research meet.
The selected candidates will be provided funding for up to a maximum of two years for Masters and three years for PhD at R20,000 to R100,000. They also organize an annual conference for current scholars and hold several smaller events throughout the year. Scholarship holders are expected to participate in these activities and to become part of and contribute to our network.
- Eligible Countries: Angola, Botswana, Lesotho, Malawi, Mozambique, Swaziland, and Zambia are eligible for the Canon Collins Trust International Scholarship.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Applicants can apply for a postgraduate degree programme in a South African University.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must be normally residents of one of the eligible countries.
- The applicants must be studying or applying to study at a South African university.
- How to Apply: Students are required to submit an application for their postgraduate study in a South African University. A scholarship application can be submitted here.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- Copy of degree certificates
- Certified academic transcripts
- ID Document
- Admission Requirements: The applicants must have a good first degree (minimum second class, upper division or equivalent) or are about to graduate in the year of application.
- Language Requirement: The students must meet the language requirements of the university they wish to join.