Key Job Details
Role :Business Analyst Intern (September – 4 months)
Location :Ottawa, CA
Employment Type :Full-Time
Travel Required :No Travel
Contract Type :Internship
Company :(0026) IBM Canada Limited – IBM Canada Limitee
Req. ID :641806BR
At IBM, we know that transformation drives change, and it is in our DNA to continuously transform. Our Business Transformation Consultants help drive large scale change that spans IBM business units and geographies. As a part of this team, you will have the unique opportunity to be a part of driving IBM’s ongoing transformation as a company that continuously innovates and leads the market.
Your Role and Responsibilities
This position resides in Ottawa, ON and is a 4 month work term commencing in September 2023. It is mandatory that all applicants are enrolled in full-time studies at a post-secondary institution and returning to full-time studies upon completion of the work-term.
As a Business Analyst with the public sector consulting team, you will the sales process related to new opportunities and client engagements to meet business objectives by gathering and documenting business procedures, creating sales documentation and business analytics.
- Identifying new process opportunities and accurately analyzing and estimating new processes, quickly assessing feasibility;
- Analyzing, understanding and documenting the business processes in detail where required;
- Creating and maintaining sales documentation;
- Supporting existing processes and implementing change requirements as part of a structured change control process;
- Working with business data and conducting data analytics and creation of charts.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Strong verbal and written communication capabilities
- Presentation skills
- Business process analysis
- Business case development
- Technical writing and interpretation skills
- Must be eligible to work 4 months starting in September 2023
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Verbal and Written communication skills
- Data and Analytics skills
- Power point and Excel skills
- Registered in a formal co-op/internship program